Holding a positive core image of your self is crucial to increase emotional resilience. To acknowledge your talents and to value your skills is not bragging, it is giving credit where it is due. Your positive core image is how you think of yourself both during good and bad times.
To increase your positive core image, experiment with the following practices.
• Make a list of all your talents and skills
• Make a list of your personal attributes and strengths
• Ask your loved ones for one thing they value about you
• Keep reading this list and own it with pride
• Remind yourself that even on a bad day or in the face of failure, you have not lost any of your gifts